For over twenty years, we have been twinned with St. Paul's Church and School, a small village parish in Carissade, Haiti;
- The parish elementary school serves 380 children, and the rural clinic attends an average of 600 patients per month;
- Most students are not able to attend high school, and we provide scholarships for 16 students each year to further their studies; and
- We are in urgent need of financial support to continue these vital services.
- 380 children attend the elementary school each year
- 600 patients are attended each month in the parish clinic
- 16 students receive scholarships to attend high school
View a summary video from the 2015 Youth Pilgrimage to Carissade.
Saint Bridget Catholic Church is twinned with St. Paul's Church and School in Carissade. This rural community depends on the services of the parish, and these services have become an important part of village life. Through the generosity of parishioners we have been pleased to assist our sisters and brothers:
We are so very grateful for the ongoing prayers of the faithful, and for your generosity in supporting this vital mission. We ask that you consider making a contribution to assist us, as we raise funds to avoid ending any of our vital services and addressing the basic sanitation needs of the children.
For over 25 years, our twinning relationship has been one of our tangible instances of active service for those in need. Indeed, it is a reflection of our response to the call to charity and generosity. "And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." (MT 25:40).
Over the years, together we have built a corn mill, led an animal husbandry project, supported microloans, built two wells and constructed a cafeteria. The food, education, health care and pastoral needs of the village are met through the St. Paul's Church. Under the leadership of Father Pierre Dieunot, Carissade is addressing a range of challenges, and he is diligently staying in close communications with our parish committee. We ask that you keep Carissade in your prayers, and that you consider a financial contribution - click here and select "Haiti Ministry" from the drop down menu.
Contact Jeannie Grumblatt for more information: Jgrumblatt@saintbridgetchurch.org