Formation for Lay Ministers
Ministry Matters Part 1, the first step in formation as a Liturgy Minister at Saint Bridget, is a workshop that takes place three times each year.
The remaining dates for 2018 are:
- Saturday, July 14, 2018 | 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Church Hall
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 | 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Church Hall
The workshop follows the format:
- Refreshments and fellowship
- Talk on The Theology of Lay Ministry by a priest or a qualified member of the Liturgy Committee
- A panel discussion of nonverbal communication, formation in Lay Ministry, and the scheduling system with members of the Liturgy Committee
- Initial training in individual lay ministries (Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, Ushers) with the ministry heads in 30-minute break-out sessions
Part 2 of Ministry Matters is scheduled separately in small groups or individually with the Ministry Head for the ministry you choose to serve.
To register for Ministry Matters Part 1, please contact the Liturgy Committee at StBLiturgyCommittee@gmail.com or Vicki Gazzola at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liturgical Minsters may find help preparing for the Sunday liturgies at the ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY WEBSITE.
Questions about Ministry Matters? Contact the Liturgy Committee at StBLiturgyCommittee@gmail.com.