What is Financial Peace University?
Looking for financial peace and hope in the midst of so much change and fear? Find the peace that so many others, including many in our own community, have found through Financial Peace University.
This year, from October 8th - December 10th, Saint Bridget is hosting a 9-week course held Thursday evenings at 6 p.m. (will not meet the week of Thanksgiving) all about how to kick debt, plan for your future, and "live like no one else, so you can give like no one else."
Whether you are a young adult struggling to pay off debt, a family trying to balance finances, diapers and college funds, or a retiree looking to live life to the fullest, this course is for you!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What will the course look like?
- Every week your course leader, Carmen Freeze, will walk through a different aspect of how to achieve financial peace. There are 9 lessons (one per week). Lessons 1-4 walk through the Seven Baby Steps (budgeting, paying off debt, saving an emergency fund, investing, saving for children's college fund, paying off a house, building wealth, and giving). Lessons 5-9 navigate spending, insurance, real estate, and investing. Members are asked to watch a video prior to attending each class (included with course membership).
- Who is this program for?
- Financial Peace University if for anyone, at any life stage -- whether you are in college, recently graduated, just starting a family, looking to buy a house, or on your way to retirement, this program will help you best manage your money and end looming financial stress.
- How Much Does Financial Peace University Cost?
- FPU is a part of Ramsey+, which includes the course and coordinating materials. the Every Dollar budgeting app, and the Baby Steps Financial Goal Tracker app. Ramsey+ costs 129.99/year.
- Can I cancel the $129.99 yearly payment?
- Yes, you can cancel it at any time.
The class is free to attend, but each individual is responsible for purchasing their own materials package. This package includes Financial Peace University course materials, a budgeting app, a baby step tracker for one year, and costs $129.99.
Click here to sign up for the course. For more information, please call our Pastoral Council member Carmen Freeze, at (804)-305-3943, or email her at email@example.com.