The Knights of Columbus Council 5476 recognize, celebrate, and support Catholic education.
About the Scholarship
This $1000 merit scholarship is awarded annually by the Saint Bridget Knights of Columbus Council 5476.
The Scholarship Board will be made up of four Knights of Columbus Council 5476 officers as Trustees.
- Are eighth-grade students whose parent(s) are registered members of Saint Bridget
- attend a public, private, parochial middle school or is home-schooled within the Richmond Diocese.
- Plan to attend any accredited Catholic High School in September of the student’s graduating year.
The prospective Catholic High School Freshman scholarship applicant must submit:
- A completed Saint Bridget Church Knights of Columbus Council 5476 Catholic High School Scholarship application;
- An acceptance letter from your chosen Catholic High School;
- An essay between 200-250 words (typed, double spaced in Times New Roman 12) discussing “Describe areas in your Christian life where you demonstrated leadership and overcame obstacles through your faith in your school, social, or family life settings." Only the top of the first page will contain the scholarship applicant’s name and the content will not mention any family names as this essay will be read and evaluated objectively and anonymously by the scholarship board. (Please do not include any personally identifying information in the essay);
- A list of the various voluntary services performed and/or participating in at our church or in the local community;
- Recommendations from a church leader and the school principal.
The completed application and supporting documents are to be mailed or delivered to:
Saint Bridget Catholic Church
Knights of Columbus Council 5476 - Scholarship Committee
6006 Three Chopt Road
Richmond, Virginia 23226
Submission Deadline: May 9, 2022
The Scholarship Committee must receive your application and supporting material no later than Monday, May 9, 2022 for scholarship consideration for the Fall semester.
Documents to Download
If you have any questions, please contact Scholarship Chairman Anthony Mehfoud 804-929-7542 or via email at AnthonyMehfoud@gmail.com. Please use the identifier K of C 5476 Scholarship in the Subject line.