Where little ones play, explore, and get introduced to the Mass!
- Saint Bridget offers a professional staff to care for children up to age four during both 9 and 11am Masses each Sunday.
- The nursery is located behind the bathrooms across from the kitchen; any usher can help you find us.
- Mass is always live on the TV in the Nursery.
- There is a group snack time during the Eucharistic Liturgy.
- For Nursery Alternatives see the bottom of this page
Introducing your Child
Let your children get comfortable with us by bringing them to play after the 9:00 Mass or before the 11:00 Mass.
Stay the first time or two and you are always welcome to bring them during the middle of Mass if they get restless!
Feel free to drop in as often as needed to let your child become comfortable with us before you make the decision to register.
If you decide to use the nursery on a regular basis, we will ask you to register your child and volunteer to help us in the nursery during one Mass every three months.
Note that we release the children back only to the person who brought them to the nursery until we get to know who all the family members are!
Inquire at the Nursery for Registration.
We want to know about any food allergies your child has so that we avoid buying any snacks that could be a problem.
- We do our best to keep the nursery as clean as possible.
- Just before snack-time we sanitize the tables where the children will eat, and they all get a squirt of hand sanitizer in their hands. If we see a child put a toy in his or her mouth, we gently take it away to wash and sanitize it.
- Periodically everything in the nursery is sanitized, including every year during the parish Lenten day of service when a group comes in to give the nursery an extra good cleaning!
In addition to the adult staff, we often have teen helpers in the nursery who get service hours or are paid $10/Mass.
Teens interested in helping should Stop by before or after the 9 or 11am Masses on Sunday or contact Adessa Lebrun.
- (804) 921- 9553
For information about using the nursery please stop in to see us in before or after the 9 or 11am Sunday morning Masses or contact Jackie Dwyer for general questions or additional information.
- (804) 513- 5481
“Having the nursery available during Mass is a huge blessing to our family. The women in charge of the nursery are caring and capable. Our children enjoy getting to see and play with their friends each week. The availability of the nursery gives our family an opportunity to focus on the Mass as well as serve during Mass. We look forward to including our children in the church when they are older.” – Chris and Shannon Jones
“The nursery has been an incredible gift to our family allowing us to more fully focus our faith every Sunday. The caring nursery staff does an amazing job of creating a fun and loving environment for the children and truly adds to the St. Bridget community. The excitement of the nursery provides a great alternative for those little Catholics not quite old enough to appreciate the solemnity of our beautiful Mass.” -- Jon and Erica Stanley
Alternatives to the Nursery
Some parents with restless children prefer to stay in the care room in the vestibule at the back of the church or in the hallway near the bathrooms and the nursery, since the television in the hallway broadcasts the Mass, as does the television in the nursery. Again we would like to invite you to join us in the nursery during any part of the Mass on any Sunday.