Please read below to find out more about the Knights of Columbus Council 5476 Catholic High School Merit Scholarship opportunity for students whose parent(s) are members of Saint Bridget Church.
COUNCIL 5476 CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS COUNCIL 5476
“TAKING CARE OF OUR OWN”: A CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL $1000 SCHOLARSHIP
FOR SAINT BRIDGET CHURCH EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS WHO WILL BE CONTINUING THEIR CATHOLIC EDUCATION INTO HIGH SCHOOL
St. Bridget Knights of Columbus Council 5476
and our local Catholic High Schools
recognized and celebrates our Pastor
Fr. Ken Shuping’s exemplary leadership
in support of Catholic education.
This Merit scholarship is awarded once annually by the St. Bridget Knights of Columbus Council 5476 one-time to a qualified Catholic eighth grade student whose parent(s) are registered members of St Bridget Catholic Church, who is attending a public, private, parochial middle school or is home-schooled within the Richmond Diocese.
The prospective Catholic High School Freshman scholarship applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed Saint Bridget Church Knights of Columbus Council 5476 Catholic High School Scholarship application;
- Submit an acceptance letter from your chosen Catholic High School;
- Submit an essay between 200-250 words (typed, double spaced in Times New Roman 12) discussing “Describe areas in your Christian life where you demonstrated leadership and overcame obstacles through your faith in your school, social, or family life settings.” Only the top of the first page will contain the scholarship applicant’s name and the content will not mention any family names as this essay will be read and evaluated objectively and anonymously by the scholarship board. (Please do not include any personally identifying information in the essay);
- List the various voluntary services performed and/or participating in at our church or in the local community;
- Provide recommendations from a church leader and the school principal.
The Knights of Columbus Council 5476 – Scholarship Committee must receive your application and supporting material no later than Wednesday, May 1, 2024, for scholarship consideration for the Fall semester.
If you have any questions, please contact Scholarship Chairman Joseph O’Hare 804-240-5302 or via email at email@example.com
Please use the identifier K of C 5476 Scholarship in the Subject line of your email.
The completed application and supporting documents are to be mailed or delivered to:
St Bridget Catholic Church
Knights of Columbus Council 5476 – Scholarship Committee
6006 Three Chopt Road
Richmond, Virginia 23226
For the application and more information:
Visit the scholarship page on the Knights' website