Parish Girl & Boy Choir
The children’s choir is a ministry to your child that gives the child an opportunity to minister. Your child’s ministry builds up other members of the choir, inspires those who hear them sing, and prepares your child for lifelong participation in the church’s ministry.
- For Children in 2nd Grade and older
- Practices are Thursdays and include
- Formation in Liturgy and Church Teaching
- Introduction to singing appropriate for children
- Development of skills in music reading and listening
- Development of concentration
- Development of a sense of ministry
- Two options for practice that overlap for shared practice time
- Singing for Mass approximately once a month & at Christmas
- Practices start September 22
- Sing October 30, December 10, December 24, February 12, March 19, May 14
- Breaks: November 24, December 29-January 12, March 23, April 6-13
- End of Year Party: May 18
- Complete a 6week trial period (ending October 30)
- Parents offer their time to assist at rehearsals and when the choir sings, fulfilling the requirements of VIRTUS, to assist children needing bathroom breaks, passing out music, and other small tasks that make a big difference
- Add Choir dates to Family Calendar
- Arrive on time for all scheduled sessions
- Schedule around Choir Rehearsals & Masses
- Let Allen Bean know ASAP about unavoidable conflicts
Click Here for the detailed schedule.
Contact Allen Bean, Music Minister at email@example.com for more information.