- You are invited to read letters from Bishop Knestout and Pope Francis, download a .pdf version of this letter here.
- A schedule of events at the parish and in the diocese and a form to submit questions for our town tall meetings can be found here.
August 23, 2018
I am embarrassed and ashamed about the abuse of children and youth within the Church. The one place where we should expect them to be safe was not safe for so many over the years. The abuse leaves scars that persist through a person's life.
The past should haunt the Church because the leadership cared more about the Churches' face than the vulnerable ones whom Jesus loves so much. What do we do now, can our broken hearts be healed, can we find the words for those who ask us about this scandal?
I want you to hold me accountable for my behavior as your pastor. I want you to hold accountable all the priests, deacons, pastoral staff and school staff who work here. Keep your eyes open, question.
Saint Bridget Parish and School must always be safe places for all.
- This weekend and next I will speak about this during Masses.
- Please meet with me to share your feelings and thoughts and to pray together.
- I will meet you in the Church Hall on September 5 and 6 at 9am and 7pm for Town Hall style meetings for you to share your thoughts and opinions and to ask questions.
- We will hold a Holy Hour of Reparation after Daily Mass on Saturdays for the next three months beginning September 1st. We will have Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, prayers of lamentation, quiet meditation and Benediction.
- We will celebrate a Mass of Atonement here on September 22 at 9am.
Reverend Monsignor William H. Carr, Pastor